Thursday, December 24, 2009

AVATAR thingy

Have you watched Avatar? I just watched it two days ago with Denya and Dhanie, my classmates. We decided to watch the 3D version at Blitz Megaplex Paris Van Java.


me, Denya, and Dhanie with our 3D glasses

People said that this movie is worth watch in 3D because of the super cool special effect, so even though watching 3D movie is a bit more expensive on the price, but yeah whatever, for our deep satisfaction of the movie hahaha… *yawn*




Jake Sully and Neytiri

and you can also watch the movie trailer here.

I won’t tell you about the story anymore because I assume you have already watched the movie too. And for me, to be truth, the plot is not that amazed me, but still there are few things impressed me, such as:

1.Long duration. 2 hours or so sitting on the cinema’s red sofa makes me stiffed and have to hold on my pee hahaha.. Because I don’t wanna miss every moments of watching the – as I told you before – super cool special effects.

2.My favorite scene was when Neytiri (Zoe Saldana) making love with Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) on that place of Eywa (Navi’s ancestor) and they fall asleep and Jake Sully woke up on the lab. That was when the human military came with their heavy equipment to Pandora, and Neytiri suddenly awake and realize that her land is about to be smoothed over, it reminds me of Michael Jacksons’s song video – Earth Song. It’s similar, or maybe James Cameron even got inspired from it. What do you think?

3.And right after that she tried to wakened Jake Sully, but it didn’t worked of course because Jake Sully’s spirit is on the lab with his true body. That when she started to see what kind of chaos happening and she cries.
Cry for seeing how the land she grows with, she lives with, is destroyed. Cry like she can feel their (the trees, leaves, flowers) pain too. That scene is absolutely amazing. It gasps me. Yes Zoe Saldana was act super great on that scene, but also because it reminds me, it hit me in the head, the condition of our mother earth now. Extreme deforestation, illegal logging, how mother earth have been so much torched because all the exploitation.

So what will be happen 20 years from now? What will my kids see? All buildings? No forests? No trees? Flowers? Bugs? Animals?

SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH, begin from YOURSELF, STARTS NOW!

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr